vision 4 business logobusiness services

Retirement & pensions | Equity Release | Grants | Business Resources |


Capital gains Tax

Capital Gains Tax, (CGT), is a tax on the increase in value of something during the period you have owned it. CGT may be due when you sell, give away, transfer or otherwise dispose of something.

Where it may commonly come and bite you is where you sell a house you don’t live in, sell a business, sell shares you inherited or bought a long time ago for pennies, sell a shop, a patent or a trade mark.

As a general rule if you bought and sold an asset and made a profit you must expect to pay tax on it. If you bought and sold a lot of these assets as a private individual than you would expect to pay Income Tax. If you bought and sold a lot of the assets as a company you will pay Corporation Tax, but if you bought and sold this asset only once or otherwise infrequently, then you will pay Capital Gains Tax as either an individual or a company.

Independent advice will help greatly with selecting the right product for your circumstances.

Call Bankfield Financial Advisers :  0116 253 5600

Visit  Bankfield.Net or email : Info@bankfield .net

Read More abour Capital Gains Tax >

Extract from an article reproduced with kind permission of Bankfield financial advisers.

Free Personal Finance Magazine from Bankfield  financial advisers.

Business advice & Financial planning

bankfield independent financial advice logo
Custom Search



bankfield financial advice

Retirement & pensions |

Equity Release |

Grants |

Business Resources |

Do you need advice on selling Your Business, selling your business property, or on Capital Gains tax and Share portfolios?

Call Bankfield on 0116 253 5600.


* Financial advice is provided through Bankfield  independent financial advisers in Leicestershire and the East Midlands